Vintage Evening Eye Candy: Actor Fred Williamson
Black Caesar himself (literally)! This former football player, architect and actor was living it up big in the ’70s as a Blaxploitation star. From Black Caesar and Hell Up in Harlem, to Bucktown and both installments in the N***** Charley series, Williamson was everywhere. And he was also one of the few Blaxploitation stars to actually have success outside of that realm, working with Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney in From Dusk Till Dawn and with Ben Stiller in the Starsky & Hutch remake. He was also loved by a lot of the ladies, and even wound up posing in Playgirl to show off his manliness. If you hadn’t heard of him before, get to know this fella now!
A young Fred. Ain’t nothing like a man in a football uniform! Must be the hella tight pants…
Too cool for school…
Always the ladies man! I think we can all understand why though: he was hot!
Do you like him better with the thick mustache or bare with hair nowhere? He looked good either way if you ask me!
The Blaxploitation star doing what he did best…
Source: nanarland.com Source: zimbio.com
That last Kung-Fu picture makes me laugh! But he’s still adorable at a youthful 73. So what do you think? Could he have been your boo back in the day?
More on Madame Noire!
- More than Foxy Brown: Queens of Blaxploitation Films
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- NFL Player Loses Wife and Mother of Two to Suspected Brain Aneurysm
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- Does Beyoncé’s Loreal Campaign Offend You?
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Who Deserves The Blame For Whitney Houston’s Demise?
- 10 Common Natural Hair Habits You Should Stop…Now