At least when Ne-Yo and his girlfriend spend stacks on foolishness like strippers at Magic City they round it out by doing good. Monyetta Shaw, Ne-Yo’s girl and the mother of his two children, has reportedly agreed to adopt 48 children from the African nation of Swaziland.
The children won’t actually be living with the couple, but Monyetta did agree to pay each child’s living expenses for an entire year, which adds up to about $20,000. The sponsorship is apart of Beyond the Game, a charitable organization founded by “Football Wife” Chanita Foster who is the former wife of Georgia Bulldog George Foster. It’s nice to know Monyetta isn’t just riding off of being Ne-Yo’s girl. Can’t get mad at that.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- More than Foxy Brown: Queens of Blaxploitation Films
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- NFL Player Loses Wife and Mother of Two to Suspected Brain Aneurysm
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- Does Beyoncé’s Loreal Campaign Offend You?
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Who Deserves The Blame For Whitney Houston’s Demise?
- 10 Common Natural Hair Habits You Should Stop…Now