Bobby Brown has been made out to be the scapegoat while the public tries to explain Whitney Houston’s sudden death Saturday, and apparently even Whitney’s family believe her ex-husband is to blame.
Despite reportedly flying back to LA after his concert Saturday to be with his daughter, Bobby Brown still has not seen Bobbi Kristina, and he thinks Whitney’s mother, Cissy is to blame. According to TMZ:
“Bobby is angry and frustrated because he only came to LA to care for 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina after she was hospitalized twice.
“As for why he’s blaming Whitney’s mom for the freeze out — we’re told Brown thinks Cissy has hated him for years.
The hate doesn’t stop there. Bobby has also supposedly been told not to attend Whitney’s funeral services at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark.
“People connected to the Houston family have reached out to Bobby to warn him that he shouldn’t attempt to attend the funeral because the family isn’t fond of him.”
No official word has been given from the family on this, and Bobby says he only wants to attend to support his daughter who is said to be cared for in a Los Angeles home as of now.Bobby hasn’t said what he plans to do but insiders say if he shows up, he will “most likely be turned away.”
While I think we’re all in agreement that Whitney is to blame for her own drug addiction, and ultimately her death, I can see why the family would have a hard time with his presence at the funeral, but keeping him from his daughter—not knowing what type of relationship they have—just seems unfair.
What you do think about how Whitney’s family is shunning Bobby? Are they wrong?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- More than Foxy Brown: Queens of Blaxploitation Films
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- NFL Player Loses Wife and Mother of Two to Suspected Brain Aneurysm
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- Does Beyoncé’s Loreal Campaign Offend You?
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Who Deserves The Blame For Whitney Houston’s Demise?
- 10 Common Natural Hair Habits You Should Stop…Now