I think I got so used to Cassie being a fab model and Diddy’s arm candy that I forgot that she originally came on the scene as a singer–or something like it. I know ya’ll remember “Me & U“! After much talk about her new music, appearances on 106 & Park and a video teaser, Cassie finally debuted the video for her track, “King of Hearts” today in honor of Valentine’s Day. This is her first real single since 2008. As you were probably expecting, the video is 90 percent about her giving good face, eight percent about her showing off some here and there dancing skills in an Aaliyah-esque outfit, and two percent about showcasing her singing skills. Cassie prances around topless and in a barely there dominatrix outfit (that’s more of Rihanna’s steeze Cass…) and silk shirt, and STILL has both sides of her head shaved. Why that fashion trend hasn’t been put into the ground yet, I’m still baffled and can’t understand…
In the end, this is a very David Guetta-esque dance party track, which you shouldn’t be surprised by since that’s all these pop and R&B kids are giving us nowadays. Not bad, but I doubt it will end up on my iPod. What about you? Check out the video and track below…
More on Madame Noire!
- Are You Giving Folks The WHOLE Story When It Comes to Your Relationship Drama?
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- Moooooom!: 6 of Hollywood’s Most Embarrassing Mothers
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- 7 Misconceptions Men Have About Women
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Beauty At The Least: The Best Bargains To Help You Stay Beautiful
- Black vs. African American: Do You Have a Preference?