Ann Coulter’s been pretty quiet since Herman Cain disappeared off the face of the campaign trail, but unfortunately, she’s returned to the forefront of the political circuit only to dish out more inappropriate remarks about our president, of course.
In a C-Span Right Wing Watch talk, Ann decided to reduce the merit of President Barack Obama to the level of a reality TV ignoramus in her explanation of why the NFM—non-Fox media, as she calls them—are “gaga” over the president. She said:
“Voters with forty years of politically correct education are ecstatic to have the first Black president. They just love the idea of it, even if we did get Flavor Flav instead of Thomas Sowell.”
So does this qualify as a high-tech lynching? We all know how she hates those.
I’m sure no one is shocked by Ann’s nastiness, but the basis of her argument is the reason why people like Samuel L. Jackson need to keep all of that “I only voted for Obama because he’s black” talk on the low. Yes, it may be true but it also eliminates all of the positive policies the president stands for and places the focus solely on color, as if there weren’t enough attention being paid to that as it is. Color shouldn’t be the reason he’s kept in or pushed out of the white house.
Check out the clip of Ann’s comment here. Is she out of line?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Star Snubs: Talented Artists That Never Won A Grammy
- Love Him Or Leave Him? Signs That He May Not Be That Into You (Anymore)
- Young At Heart: Our Favorite 25 And Under Celebrities Who Are In Love!
- Make Him Wish Every Day Was Valentine’s Day! Gift Ideas For Your Man
- Scent From the Heart: 10 Fragrances Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Ish is Getting Real: Gonorrhea’s Becoming Untreatable
- Beauty At The Least: The Best Bargains To Help You Stay Beautiful
- Meet Blue Ivy Carter: First Pics