Wendy Williams Reveals Past Substance Abuse While Speaking on Whitney Houston’s Death
During her show today, Wendy Williams tearfully expressed her love for Whitney Houston and how painful her death over the weekend has been. Williams stated that after finding out, she shut down: turned off the TV, didn’t watch the Grammys, didn’t answer phone calls and tried to separate herself from all the coverage. For those who tuned into The Wendy Williams Show early on, you probably know that she was a huge Whitney fan and wanted her to appear on the show many times. But she pointed out that even though she knew Whitney would never show up, it was her own way of sending the troubled singer some love. That’s why her death has been so hard–and also why she doesn’t plan on talking about it again on the show.
In addition to expressing her love for Whitney as a fan and a fellow Jersey girl, Williams also opened up about the fact that they both have more than that in common. Wendy said she also struggled with drugs in the past and broke down while revealing the details: “It’s been almost 15 years since I last smoked from a crack pipe. It’s been almost 15 years since I waited on Jerome Avenue in the Bronx for my drugs. I’m not proud of the girl that I was, but without being that girl I wouldn’t be the woman I am today.”
That’s true folks! You can’t go back and change the mistakes you may have made in the past, but you can definitely use them to grow as a person and to help others do the same. While I have had my issues with her show from time to time, Williams’ admission is very commendable in the wake of Houston’s death, and I’m sure it will help others in their struggles. Check out what else Williams had to say about Whitney below and the hopes she had for the singer that were never fulfilled.
More on Madame Noire!
- Star Snubs: Talented Artists That Never Won A Grammy
- Love Him Or Leave Him? Signs That He May Not Be That Into You (Anymore)
- Young At Heart: Our Favorite 25 And Under Celebrities Who Are In Love!
- Make Him Wish Every Day Was Valentine’s Day! Gift Ideas For Your Man
- Scent From the Heart: 10 Fragrances Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Ish is Getting Real: Gonorrhea’s Becoming Untreatable
- Beauty At The Least: The Best Bargains To Help You Stay Beautiful
- Meet Blue Ivy Carter: First Pics