The public and the entertainment industry may be ready to put all of Chris Brown’s past transgressions behind him but a Superior Court Judge says not so fast. Judge George Lomeli has ordered Chris Brown to remain on probation despite complying with the terms of his sentence, and Chris will have to continue to report to his probation officer in his hometown of Virgina.
Chris’s probation officer has reportedly been giving him high marks across the board and has commended him for passing all required drug testing. He’s also met all of his court requirements such as completing a yearlong domestic violence program and anger management classes. He’s currently halfway through his six-month mandated manual labor-oriented tasks as well.
Despite the judge’s hesitation to give Chris a pass, he’s back on much of the industry’s good side, as evidenced by his upcoming performance at the Grammy’s. Chris’s next hearing will take place July 30.
Do you think Chris has demonstrated enough good behavior to have his probation lifted?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shopping With the Enemy: 7 Signs You Might Have a “Frenemy” in Your Circle
- How To Cope With The Agony of Unrequited Love
- Boy, Bye!: 6 Stupid Reasons to Turn a Man Down
- 7 Things That Should Never Happen In The Bedroom
- Scent From the Heart: 10 Fragrances Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Ish is Getting Real: Gonorrhea’s Becoming Untreatable
- Hair Q&A: Front Edges and Dry Scalp
- Don’t Get It Twisted: Mo and Kita Say Terrell Owens Betrayed Them