Michael Ealy didn’t have to give us another reason to love him but we like that he did anyway. In a recent interview at the premiere of his new film “Underworld,” Michael took a second to thank the “beautiful black women” who have supported him during his career and he also talked about how he feels about being labeled a sex symbol.
Check out highlights of his interview:
On his role in “For Colored Girls”
“I genuinely love all the beautiful Black women that came up to me and wanted to hug me after that performance. It wasn’t an easy one, and I was worried that people would look at me differently after that so the amount of support I got was tremendous.”
On Being a Sex Symbol
“If someone wants to put that title on me, God bless them. I don’t carry myself as such, and I will never, ever think of myself as such. For me, the most important thing when I came into this business is to show some sort of talent so I can have longevity and not be another pretty face.
“I’ll take the sex appeal label. I’ll take that label any day of the week. It’s better than not being that guy, so I’ll take it.”
The Best Way to His Heart
“Compassion and consideration for others. There’s nothing worse than a selfish woman. Selfish and self-absorbed? Walk away. I can’t deal with you.”
What He Likes Physically
“I like long legs.”
Check out the rest of the interview here.
Did you look at Michael Ealy differently after his role in “For Colored Girls?”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shopping With the Enemy: 7 Signs You Might Have a “Frenemy” in Your Circle
- How To Cope With The Agony of Unrequited Love
- Boy, Bye!: 6 Stupid Reasons to Turn a Man Down
- 7 Things That Should Never Happen In The Bedroom
- Scent From the Heart: 10 Fragrances Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Ish is Getting Real: Gonorrhea’s Becoming Untreatable
- Hair Q&A: Front Edges and Dry Scalp
- Don’t Get It Twisted: Mo and Kita Say Terrell Owens Betrayed Them