Vanessa Williams Becomes Ms. Brown for M&M
For the longest Ms. Green was the only woman on the M&M squad but now the company has added a new lady to the mix and it’s none other than the iconic Vanessa Williams.
You may have noticed the debut of the witty Ms. Brown during a Super Bowl ad on Sunday but not everyone realized Ms. Williams was the voice behind her. She recently spoke with the Huffington Post to talk about the new character and she told the publication that she accepted the job with no hesitation because she knew she was a perfect fit.
” Well, it was an easy one. When I saw the breakdown, they described her as someone who was like Wilhelmina [from “Ugly Betty”]. I said ‘Huh, well I kind of created that character, so I guess it’s perfect!’ So I signed on and had no idea that the first major rollout would be the Super Bowl ad, which is also fantastic. We were in the top 5 in the USA Today poll!“
Last night, a 300-lb sculpture of Ms. Brown was unveiled at the Museum of Chocolate in Soho and she’s also expected to make an appearance on “Celebrity Apprentice” this month so Ms. Brown could easily become the most famous of the M&M crew.
Check out the Super Bowl ad in case you missed it Sunday and tell us what you think. Do you love Vanessa Williams as Ms. Brown?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame
- Boy, Bye!: 6 Stupid Reasons to Turn a Man Down
- Hair Raising: Iconic Women Who Changed the Standard for Black Hair
- Does Dating White Trump Your Black Card?
- 7 Things That Should Never Happen In The Bedroom
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Are You A Coward When It Comes To Breaking Up?
- Can You Marry Someone You Don’t Love?
- So, What Do Their Moms Look Like