Eddie Long Denounces King Crowning, Says He’s Merely a Servant of the Lord
Eddie Long looked pretty comfortable being raised up on the shoulders of the four corners of the earth in his king crowning ceremony the Sunday before last, but now the bishop has asked the Jewish community to forgive him for the egregious display.
“The ceremony was not my suggestion, nor was it my intent, to participate in any ritual that is offensive in any manner to the Jewish community,” Long wrote in a letter sent to Bill Nigut, Southeast Regional Director of the Anti-Defamation League.
“I denounce any action that depicts me as a king, for I am merely just a servant of the Lord.”
Is that right?
Rabbi Messer also put out a statement on the situation, but from his perspective the whole cult backlash is just a big misunderstanding.
“It was simply a way of bringing honor to a man who had given his life to the Lord and had given so much to his church, the Atlanta metro area and throughout the world,” he said.
The Rabbi also put out a video “explanation” of what exactly went down to try to smooth things over but I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been any hope for Eddie long since those pictures of him in spandex sportswear hit the web.
Check out the video and tell us what you think. Is this just more stunting from Eddie Long’s PR camp?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Mad? 7 Signs That Your Attitude Is Hurting You More Than Others
- Does Dating White Trump Your Black Card?
- Swapping Spit: 7 Gag-Worthy Celebrity Kisses
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- My Name is My Name: Why We Need to Do Better in Naming Our Children
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- Can You Marry Someone You Don’t Love?
- Hair Q&A: Work-Out Styles and Heat Damage