Another shocker, right!? Well, don’t be surprised. Back in the early ’90s when Brandy became the new sweetheart and household name thanks to her musical talents and TV show, she ushered back in the braids of yesteryear. Micros, box braids, braids in all kinds of shades–she was pretty much doing it all. I can’t tell you how many people came to school back in junior high with her same exact braids thinking they were toooooo cute. Homegirl was the queen of protective styling (and bankhead bouncing) and she easily found a way to make her braids more fun by contorting them in different designs and shapes. Loved it!
More on Madame Noire!
- You Mad? 7 Signs That Your Attitude Is Hurting You More Than Others
- Does Dating White Trump Your Black Card?
- Swapping Spit: 7 Gag-Worthy Celebrity Kisses
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- My Name is My Name: Why We Need to Do Better in Naming Our Children
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- Can You Marry Someone You Don’t Love?
- Hair Q&A: Work-Out Styles and Heat Damage