Ratchet Granny Leaves 1-Month-Old Grandson by the Side of the Freeway
It would be better if Kit Samuel was losing her faculties and that caused her to leave her 1-month-old grandson by the side of the freeway Friday, but the reality is grandma knew exactly what she was doing and she was coming right back, so she figures, what’s the problem?
Kit told Fox 40 Sacramento she had been evicted from a Motel 6 and had carried her grandson near an onramp to Interstate 80 and left him there to go back for her belongings. Arguing that she was no more than 500 feet from the child at any point, she said sheriff’s deputies overreacted.
“I dropped him off and just walked back across the street to get my stuff right there on the platform. I didn’t leave him to go back to the room or nothing,”she said.
The arresting officers told her leaving a child that young alone for any period of time is dangerous, and she now faces charges of child endangerment and public intoxication—charges she plans to fight.
“I will plead not guilty,” she said. “I did not endanger my grandson. I love my grandkids.”
In case your wondering where the public intoxication charge came from, the baby was found on top of an open bottle of Brandy, let’s just say it didn’t take police long to make the connection between her behavior and booze. I’d say grandma Kit can kiss her freedom from this “big misunderstanding” goodbye.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Were Engaged?
- Quiet On The Set! Celeb’s Who Secretly Hooked Up At Work
- On The Brink Of A Break Up ? Make Sure You Don’t Do It This Way…
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Neon Sense! Colorful and Playful Pieces to Brighten Up Winter Days
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- How to Choose a Hairstyle That Fits Your Face
- Hair Q&A: Protein Treatments and Double Heat