Yandy said if there’s a check to be had she’s there, and apparently Black Enterprise has one for her. The “Love and Hip Hop” star and former manager of Jim Jones’ business savvy has landed her a gig as a contributing celebrity blogger for the publication’s website.
Last year, Yandy was featured in an article, “Young Boss Moves: 5 Success Tips from Love & Hip Hop’s Yandy Smith,” and the response was so strong that Black Enterprise decided to bring her on full time. Her blog will feature advice for entrepreneurs and her thoughts on building and maintaining successful careers. Yandy commented on her new role saying:
“I’m a huge fan of Black Enterprise and I respect what they do. I’m very excited and honored to have this opportunity to offer my expertise.”
In addition to this gig, Yandy continues to manage entertainment talent as well as her lifestyle brand, Everything Girls Love. Yandy’s relationship with Jim may have gone sour once she got too personal, but overall, she seems to be a woman about her business. Like she said, at the end of the day, it’s about a check.
What do you think about Yandy’s new job? Would you take business advice from her?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Were Engaged?
- Quiet On The Set! Celeb’s Who Secretly Hooked Up At Work
- On The Brink Of A Break Up ? Make Sure You Don’t Do It This Way…
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Neon Sense! Colorful and Playful Pieces to Brighten Up Winter Days
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- How to Choose a Hairstyle That Fits Your Face
- Hair Q&A: Protein Treatments and Double Heat