Times are hard and it turns out there are a lot of things Americans are willing to give up in exchange for having their bills paid and sex is one of them.
A small, hypothetical survey of 1,045 people by polling firm Toluna, on behalf of bill-paying company BillFloat, found 18 percent of Americans would give up sex for six months in exchange for having someone else pay their bills for just one month.
Another 26 percent of respondents would turn off the TV for a month if their bills were paid for them; 21 percent would give up digital devices and their cell phone, and 14 percent would go without Internet access.
On the other hand, there was one thing hardly anybody was willing to do for cash and that was gain weight. Only 9 percent would add 15 pounds of body weight in exchange for not having to pay their bills this month. Overall though, 52 percent said they’d rather suck it up, pay the bills, and keep the sex, TV, and Internet.
Where do you stand? Would you give up sex for 6 months to have your bills paid for a month? What about digital devices?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What The Heck Happened To You: What Lost Celebs Look Like Nowadays
- Working Your Degree While You’re Waiting: Non-Traditional Paths to Employment
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- Reader Sound Off! 10 Female Singers Who Are Underrated…
- The High-Income Woman’s Guide to Dating a Man Who Makes Less
- The Father, The Son and The Oprah Winfrey
- Seriously, What’s With All the Overly Aggressive Men in the Club Nowadays?