106 & Park Airing Special on Teen Parenting
I think BET has been listening to the critics who’ve urged the network to develop more quality programing. On Monday, a special edition of “106 & Park” titled, “Young, Single, and Parenting,” will explore the responsibilities and challenges teen parents will face while raising their child.
The episode will show what it’s like to be an expecting parent at an alternative school and what a day in the life of a single teen parent really looks like. In-studio testimonials from members of the 106 audience will also be broadcast and the network will host a live online chat at BET.com/YSPTips for viewers to ask experts parenting questions.
Rapper-actor Tray Chaney and artist Don Trip will also appear on Monday’s show to discuss their experience as young parents. Hopefully the show, which airs Monday, Jan.30 at 6 pm EST, will be a success and 106 will keep using its platform to educate the youth.
Do you think shows like this have potential to strongly effect teens?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Underrated Hollywood Actors
- Checking Your Baggage: Sorting Through Your Issues Before Settling Down
- Sisters In Hiding: Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Celebs
- President Obama Can Handle it, But I Can’t
- 8 Signs The Guy You’re Messing With Is NOT a Grown A** Man
- Traits of Trifling Parents
- He Loves Me: Men Who Just Adore Their Wives
- New Documentary Gets ‘In Our Heads About Our Hair’