Erica Atkins-Campbell, half of the Gospel duo Mary Mary, and husband Warryn welcomed their third child into the world yesterday. Their daughter, Zaya Monique, was born weighing 6lbs and 12 ounces, and marked the end of a rough pregnancy for the singer.
On Dec. 26, Erica was taken to the emergency room with false labor pains but thankfully all was well for the delivery yesterday. Erica said in a statement:
“Feeling so thankful and so blessed to have our sweet Zaya finally make her grand entrance into the world! God is awesome, our family couldn’t be more happy than we are today!”
Erica, who already has a 6-year-old daughter, and a 1-year-old son, is expected to take a few weeks off to revel in new motherhood again before heading off to promote her new reality show, “Mary Mary,” which is set to debut on WE TV March 29.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Sisters In Hiding: Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Celebs
- Delusions Of A Thirsty Chick
- Things Black Mothers Say
- Celebrity Mistresses: The Good, The Bad, and The Trifling
- 7 Curl Defining Products to Get Your Curls and Coils Poppin’
- Family Ties: 7 Rappers Who Finally Grew Up
- He Loves Me: Men Who Just Adore Their Wives
- What Exactly Makes Something Ghetto?