Case Closed: Vanessa Bryant Gets $75 Mil and 3 Homes in Settlement
We knew Vanessa Bryant could get up to half of Kobe’s money when she filed for divorce from him in December, and according to reports that’s exactly what she got.
Vanessa is reportedly walking away with $75 million—half of Kobe’s worth— plus three homes (mansions) in the divorce settlement. The first home is the one which she, Kobe, and their two daughters lived in, the second is a house her mother currently resides in, and the third is a property that was just completed after a two-year construction. Initially, Kobe was said to be moving into the new place, but it seems he’s “homeless” at the moment.
Nothing appears to be settled yet regarding the children. Vanessa is said to have requested joint custody of their daughters Natalia and Gianna but she also asked that Kobe get visitation rights, suggesting she wants them in her care the majority of the time. From the looks of the property settlement, Kobe seems to be going down without a fight so I’m sure she’ll get her way with the kids as well. She can certainly afford to take good care of them.
What do you think about Vanessa’s clean sweep?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- For the Cool in You: Classic & Kooky Leather Jackets You’ll Love
- Terribly Tatted Up: When Celebrities Get Ratchet Tattoos for the Ones They Love
- Style Icon: Tina Turner
- Stereotypes That Black People Uphold
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- Are You A Socially Awkward Black Girl?