In Sex and the City 2, we saw our favorite New York fashionistas finally get their happily ever afters, particularly Carrie, but what was the best-selling author like before she met Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte? If you haven’t already read the “Carrie Diaries” you may have a chance to see her in action because the CW has ordered a pilot for a show based on the book.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, “the Carrie Diaries” will focus on Carrie during her senior year of high school in the early 80s, as she “asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while navigating the worlds of high school and Manhattan.”
The first book in “The Carrie Diaries” series was published in 2010, and the sequel, “Summer and the City: A Carrie Diaries Novel,” came out last year. In the novels, Carrie is from a small town in New England, but the story line will be moved to New York to make for better television. Plus Amy B. Harris, who worked on the original “Sex and the City,” wrote the “Carrie Diaries” pilot and will serve as showrunner, so the series should be in good hands. There’s just one question, though, who should play the young Carrie Bradshaw? Something tells me Blake Lively will be all over this.
Are you excited for the “Carrie Diaries” to come to TV? Who do you think could pull off a young Carrie/Sarah Jessica Parker?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Are You A Socially Awkward Black Girl?
- Terribly Tatted Up: When Celebrities Get Ratchet Tattoos for the Ones They Love
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- Huh?!?: 8 Media Moments That Made Us Go WTF
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- 7 Simple Things Men Can Do That All Women Will Love