A lot of people, especially black people, assume that depression is just severe sadness. When depression is a much deeper, much darker issue. This mother and wife described it like this:
Depression is sadness and it’s hopelessness, fear, a paralyzing sense that this is how you’re going to feel forever, that this misery is never going to go away, things won’t get better. It makes just getting up to leave the couch or the bed seem impossible. It makes functioning in daily life the hardest thing in the world.
Find out how this woman managed to hide her depression from her step son Your Tango.com
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Things Grown Women Don’t Fall For
- Color on Campus: What It Really Feels Like to Be the Only Black Girl
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- Huh?!?: 8 Media Moments That Made Us Go WTF
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time