If you don’t typically watch the Grammys, you definitely have a reason to now. Mr. Ladies Love Cool James, LL Cool J, will be hosting this year’s ceremony—making him the first official host of the show in seven years.
The two-time Grammy Award winning rapper says he’s thrilled to be part of Music’s Biggest Night.
“I will always have fond memories of my first Grammys Awards and to now be hosting the Grammy show, in the company of so many other incredible artists, is a dream come true.”
The 54th Grammy Award show will air Feb. 12 on CBS at 8p with performances by Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, and more. Adele currently leads the competition with six Grammy award nominations, including album of the year, record of the year, and song of the year.
If you don’t care about all that though, at least tune in to see LL lick his lips. Will you watch this year’s Grammys?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Things Grown Women Don’t Fall For
- Color on Campus: What It Really Feels Like to Be the Only Black Girl
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- Huh?!?: 8 Media Moments That Made Us Go WTF
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time