‘Motor City Wives’ Digs Up Detroit Drama
See what Shaunie and Andy Cohen started? A new reality show is attempting to come to TV and it is digging up some women we haven’t heard from or seen in a long time.
“Motor City Wives” is the latest “wives” saga in development, and it will feature “prominent” women in Detroit who, in my opinion, had humble beginnings. The stars are Ayanna Kilpatrick-Ferguson, sister of former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick; author Valencia R. Williams; Sara Stokes, from MTV’s Making the Band; and Deelishis, the winner of Flavor of Love 2. Now you see why prominent is in quotations.
It’s not clear what exactly these women will have to talk—or most likely throw drinks and fight about—but leaked details say Deelishis will get confronted by Ayanna’s husband about possibly sleeping around with her brother Kwame.
The show hasn’t been picked up by a network yet, so there’s still hope that this series may never see the light of day. But even so, I find it disturbing that women are literally trying to get on TV now by shooting their own demos, and undoubtedly creating their own drama.
Would you check out this show if it makes it on air?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- Color on Campus: What It Really Feels Like to Be the Only Black Girl
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- 10 Artists That Blew Up…But Shouldn’t Have
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Vitamin B(eautiful): Nutrients To Help You Stay Healthy and Gorgeous