Last night was a good night for Black Hollywood. At the Golden Globes award ceremony in LA, Idris Elba and Octavia Spencer took home awards for their acting roles this past year.
Octavia Spencer won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as the feisty maid Minny Jackson in “The Help,” putting her in a good position to earn an Academy Award at the Oscars next month.
Idris Elba was also noticeably ecstatic about his win in the Best Actor in a Miniseries category. The handsome British actor was honored for his role in the BBC show “Luther”—solidifying his place as a standout actor in Hollywood.
Viola Davis was beat out by Meryl Streep in the Best Actress category, but has already received tons of honors for her role as Aibileen Clark in “The Help.” We’ll have to wait and see who’s entered in the running for Academy Awards when nominations are announced Jan. 24.
Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? What was your favorite moment?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- We Are Family! Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Break Up To Make Up: Couples Who Just Couldn’t Let Go…
- 10 Artists That Blew Up…But Shouldn’t Have
- From Script to Song: Actors Who Can Actually Sing…
- Vitamin B(eautiful): Nutrients To Help You Stay Healthy and Gorgeous
- Switched At Birth: Celebrities Who Were Adopted