OWN’s executive producers said we might be seeing more brown faces on the network and it looks like they’re following through. The Oprah Winfrey Network has hired Modern Day Matchmaker Paul Carrick Brunson, also known as he “the real-life Hitch,” to co-host the biggest dating challenge in TV history, as part of a new show called “Lovetown, USA.”
The program is one of three new original series being added to the network’s 2012 lineup, and will follow Brunson and co-host Kailen Rosenberg, as they transform Kingsland, GA, into “Lovetown USA.” The matchmakers will take over the city for 30 days to help eight singles find love, and producers promise everyone from the mayor to Kingsland’s local residents will be involved.
Paul Carrick Brunson is the first and only full-time black male matchmaker in the world so this gig is a huge deal for him. Filming for the show is expected to begin in the coming months. Check out the promo residents sent in to qualify for the show.
Will you check out Lovetown USA on OWN?
More on Madame Noire!
- Do White People Really Know What Racism Is?
- 9 Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before I Left College
- 8 Dynamics That Should Never Exist In A Relationship
- Keep Your Legs Closed! Celebs Who’ve Racked Up Baby Mamas & Drama
- “ What We’ve Learned From T.I. & Jim Jones: When Men Love, They Love Hard
- The Neutering of the American Male: How Did We Get Here?