The future of Will and Jada’s 14-year marriage is not looking good. Amidst rumors from those closest to the couple that a separation was definitely coming, In Touch Weekly has reported that the two recently met with lawyer Laura Wasser—a high-powered celebrity divorce attorney who has represented Britney Spears, Maria Shriver, and Kim Kardashian in the past.
A source told the magazine that Jada has “finally begun to take steps to dissolve their marriage,” even reportedly turning down a role in Keanu Reeves directorial debut to spend time with her kids during this “difficult time.”
When we mentioned the recent rise in divorce rumors in December, a source close to Will and Jada said a fight over the couple’s $520 million estate was inevitable. Over the weekend, the supposedly estranged couple sold their vacation home in Hawaii for $20 million. This move could’ve just been a way to turn over a quick profit since they only bought the home for $13.5 million in 2009, or it could signify what we all hope is not the case—the end.
The direction of Jaden and Willow Smith’s careers are supposedly at the root of the divorce, which means the split could be especially hard on their young kids.
Do you think these details about Will and Jada signify the end?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dudes You Need to DVR: Hot Men We’re Currently Watching TV For
- Daddy’s Little Girls: Celebrity Men and Their Darling Daughters
- Why You Should Say “No” To His Offer of “Just Friends”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- “OOooh Unn Uhhh” and Other Things Black Girls Say
- Celebrity Women Who Look Good With A Little Extra Weight