You’d be lying if you said you didn’t blast Monica and Brandy’s hit song “The Boy is Mine” on a regular back in ’98. Some of you might even still be listening to it. Now 14 years later, the R&B ladies are back in the studio together to go at it again.
Monica and Brandy headed to Miami over the weekend to hook up with producer Rico Love in the studio and judging from their tweets, it sounds like they had a great session.
We have Both Been Blessed Beyond Measure..14years later.. #TURNTHELIGHTSON ❤Love @4everBrandy
“@MonicaBrown: We have Both Been Blessed Beyond Measure.14years later Love @4everBrandy http://lockerz.com/s/172293088” I love you so much Mo❤thank u!
There’s no word on when the song will be released but since Brandy’s album is due out in May, there’s a good chance the track might be featured on there. Whenever it comes out, I’m sure this song will not disappoint.
How excited are you about a new Brandy-Monica collabo? P.S. Reminisce on the 90s magic below.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Celebrities That Should Have Reality Shows
- Get Fabulous In A Flash! Simple Tricks to Instantly Look Gorgeous
- Reasons Why Women Overlook “Nice Guys”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- S*** Black Girls Say vs. S*** White Girls Say to Black Girls
- Six Fashion Trends Sistas Need to Change. Now.