The most obvious sign that your resume needs a revision is the contact information. We move, change our phone numbers or switch emails from time to time. Send out a resume with the wrong contact information and the interview opporunity call goes to someone else. Each time your contact information changes, take a few moments to make the change on your resume. Another sign is that you’ve won some new awards or accomplished new achievements. Everyone in your industry has a similar education, similar work histories and similar duties. What sets you apart from the others is the recognitions you’ve received. From an honorable mention at the last industry awards ceremony to a certificate of achievement from your company’s continuing education department and employee of the month, add it to your resume so potential employers see what makes you so special.
More on Madame Noire!
- Celebrities That Should Have Reality Shows
- Get Fabulous In A Flash! Simple Tricks to Instantly Look Gorgeous
- Reasons Why Women Overlook “Nice Guys”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- S*** Black Girls Say vs. S*** White Girls Say to Black Girls
- Six Fashion Trends Sistas Need to Change. Now.