Franca Sozzani, editor of Vogue Italia recently told the Huffington Post that her proudest professional moment was publishing the magazine’s “Black Issue.” Not only did the issue receive international acclaim, it also opened the doors to designers of various backgrounds.
After the issue was published, Sozzani made a trip to Ghana where she worked with some up and coming designers from the WEB- Young Designers Hub.
She encouraged the group by saying:
You have lots of potential in this country. During my stay in Africa, I visited Togo and Nigeria but it was only here in Ghana I noted an authentic sense of fashion.
Although I’m sure there’s an authentic sense of fashion in these other countries, this is encouraging for the Ghanians.
See what pieces of advice she had for the budding designers and look at pictures and video of her visit at Black Voices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s Bad Boy For Life? Artists Whose Talents Are/Were Wasted Under Bad Boy Records
- Should I Confess My Affair?
- Can D’Angelo Make A Comeback Without Bringing Swexy Back?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Freshmen Woes & Possessive Types
- S*** Black Girls Say vs. S*** White Girls Say to Black Girls
- Six Fashion Trends Sistas Need to Change. Now.