There’s nothing like handsome black men to celebrate black love and Ebony knows that. Gracing the cover of their February issue are Nate Parker, Terrence Howard, David Oyelowo, and Cuba Gooding, Jr, the cast of George Lucas’ upcoming movie, “The Red Tails,” which tells the story of the heroic Tuskegee airmen.
Inside, they also have the leading men’s cast mates, Elijah Kelley, Ne-Yo, Tristan Wilds, Michael B. Jordan, Method Man, and Leslie Odom, Jr.
The story of the the first African American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II is one that definitely needed to be told on the big screen and it’s great to see such as strong cast of black men working in Hollywood.
Check out a trailer for Red Tails below. Do you plan to see this movie when it’s released Jan. 20?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s Bad Boy For Life? Artists Whose Talents Are/Were Wasted Under Bad Boy Records
- Should I Confess My Affair?
- Can D’Angelo Make A Comeback Without Bringing Swexy Back?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Freshmen Woes & Possessive Types
- S*** Black Girls Say vs. S*** White Girls Say to Black Girls
- Six Fashion Trends Sistas Need to Change. Now.