What To Do When You Don’t Get Your W-2
Generally, you should receive your W-2 by the last week of January, which gives you plenty of time to get your taxes together before the April 15 deadline each year. If you’ve changed addresses since you filled out your original tax reporting paperwork with your job, it may take longer for the form to make it to you. But if you haven’t received your form by the second week of February, be sure to contact your employer to ask about it. Depending on the company’s accounting and filing practices, they can usually mail or fax you a replacement. Some companies upload their W-2 forms to the Internet and let you download and print them yourself, which might be the best option.
But what if you can’t reach that employer or your attempts to request a new W-2 are ignored? Well, after February 15, you can contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 and ask the IRS to initiate a W-2 complaint. The IRS contacts your employer to let them know the penalties they can incur if they don’t send you a W-2. Then it sends you a Form 4852, which is a W-2 replacement form. Use your last paycheck to fill out the form and file your taxes. Just be as accurate as possible to avoid any other issues. If your employer comes up with a form, you can always amend your tax return. Happy filing!
More on Madame Noire!
- Close Call! Actors Who ALMOST Played A Few Surprising Roles…
- Reasons To Love Him, Not His Loot
- Sisters In Hiding: Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Celebs
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- 8 Signs The Guy You’re Messing With Is NOT a Grown A** Man
- Reader Sound Off! Why the Nicki & Beyoncé Beauty Standard is WAY Off
- Want Kids? See What Mother’s Wish They Knew Before Starting A Family…
- Somebody Come Get This Fool: Bow Wow Reveals Celeb Chicks He Slept With