A medical examiner with the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office has ruled that a pulmonary embolism caused by deep vein thrombosis is what took the life of 44-year-old Dwight Myers, better known as Heavy D, Nov 8.
Pulmonary embolisms typically result from blood clots formed in the leg that travel up to the lung and stop blood flow. Although in most cases the clots aren’t life-threatening, officials say Heavy D’s heart disease may have been a contributing factor in his death as well. TMZ also reported that Heavy D’s flight from Wales after performing at a Michael Jackson tribute concert may have been a factor in his death, as the blood clots may have formed in his legs due to his prolonged immobility on the long flight.
Heavy D was finally laid to rest Nov. 18 although he will me missed forever. It will be sad going into 2012 without him but at least his family now has some amount of closure concerning his death.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Oh Na Na, What’s My Name? Celebs Whose Real Names Baffle Us
- Different Strokes, Same Folks: Our Favorite Type Casted Celebrities
- Daddy’s Little Girl: Our Favorite Papa’s and Their Little Princesses
- Go The Distance: The Most Desired Destinations To Say I Do!
- Ratchet Relatives That Can Make the Holidays a Hot Mess
- Women Who Stack More Money Than Their Men