The Associação da Luta Contra o Cancer is making sure young women in Mozambique get the message that breast cancer can happen to anyone with a new ad campaign using images of some of the most popular female superheros like Storm, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and She-hulk.
The illustrations show the comic book characters performing breast exams and run with the words, “‘When we talk about breast cancer, there’s no women or superwomen. Everybody has to do the self-examination monthly. Fight with us against the enemy and, when in doubt, talk with your doctor.”
Wording above the images, created by Maisa Chaves, reads “Nobody is Immune to Breast Cancer.”
According to the Daily Mail, the association isn’t afraid to get creative in order to get the message out, previous ads made it appear as though spiders and cockroaches were living under the skin of women’s breasts as motivation to perform monthly self-checks.
What do you think about the superhero breast cancer campaign?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dead Three Years and Nobody Notices
- Kissing Frogs: Men Every Woman Dates Before Finding the One
- How to Avoid the 45 Year-Old ‘WTF-I’m-Still-Single’ Moment
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- 7 Leave-In Conditioners for Soft and Supple Hair
- This Ain’t VH1′s Version: The Real Real Football Wives of The NFL