Media mogul Tyra Banks and her boyfriend, Brooklyn businessman John Utendahl, have gone their separate ways after more than three years together. But rather than sit at home and cry herself to sleep, Tyra has headed far east on a spiritual trip many are likening to the book “Eat, Pray, Love” to get over the split.
“Tyra has gone away with a female friend and has been island-hopping, visiting Bali, and taking a spiritual retreat,” a source told the NY Post.
Tyra seems to undergoing a personal overhaul all around. The new author and Harvard student recently appeared on Larry King’s “Dinner With the King” and confessed her no-nonsense attitude on “America’s Next Top Model” is just an act. “In real life, I’m passive-aggressive . . . I’m even in coaching to learn how to be confrontational,” she said.
Meanwhile back in the U.S., Utendahl has already been spotted with another woman whose been described as a “leggy Russian model.” Tacky.
Sounds like Tyra is on the right path. What do you think about her spiritual journey? Is that a good way to mend a broken heart?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- WEEKEND WRAP UP: Kat Williams Wins Back Custody, Common vs. Drake? + More!
- Over Age Acne? Learn How To Beat the Bumps
- The Odd Couple: Hollywood’s Most Shocking Relationships
- Changing Faces: Common Cosmetic Surgeries Performed in 2011
- Do You Have a Love List?
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- Family Feud: Celebrity ‘Blood’ Battles