(The Grio) — Fashion is classically considered a European pursuit, although American designers surely have given European designers a run for their money in recent years as witnessed by the more than 100 designers who showcased their creativity during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, which ended on Thursday. A refreshing surprise was a group of seven designers hailing from Africa who were presented via a spectacular show at Avery Fisher Hall in Lincoln Center courtesy of the popular large-format African style magazine, Arise. This presentation marked the fourth time that group chairman and editor-in-chief Nduka Obaigbena has brought African designers to America to introduce talent to this international marketplace.
More on Madame Noire!
- Whatchu Know About That?! 10 Songs I Shouldn't Have Been Singing As A Kid
- Here Comes The Mess: The Tackiest, Over-The-Top Wedding Shows On TV
- Breakout Actors From Ensemble Casts Who've Managed To Stay Relevant On Their Own
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
Lyfe Jennings Lands ‘Ratchet-Free’ Reality Show With His Kids That He Swears Will Be Nothing Like ‘All My Baby Mamas’
But he does have some baby mama drama.Read More
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN