(Kiplinger) — If you’re a good driver, you’re probably paying too much for your auto insurance. With the traditional insurance model, your premiums have little to do with how you drive — until an accident or a speeding ticket results in a fat rate increase. Rates are usually based on statistical averages: Your gender, age, marital status, where you live and what you drive determine what you’re charged. If you’ve been accident-free for a long time or don’t drive much, you may get a discount, but personalizing your premiums may save a lot more. A Brookings Institution study suggests that two-thirds of households would pay less with a pay-as-you-drive policy, reducing annual premiums by about 28%.
More on Madame Noire!
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
- Yummy In My Tummy: Tasty Foods That Keep You Energized
- After The Love Is Gone: The Most Common Reasons People Fall Out Of Love
- Do Not Take My Picture!!!! Celebs Who’ve Fought Back (Hard) Against Paparazzi
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN