(Daily Finance) — When Dan Nainan was a senior engineer with Intel Corporation(INTC),he traveled the world with CEO Andy Grove doing technical demonstrations on stage at events. But he was nervous about speaking in front of crowds, so he took a comedy class to help himself get over his fears. Then, the comedy thing took off. Today, he’s a professional comedian who has performed at three presidential inaugural events and recently at the Kennedy Center. But in this economy, his corporate bookings have fallen off, and he’s had to turn back to technology. “I had to do something else to maintain my level of income,” says Nainan who says he charges $75 an hour for computer consulting, which brings in about $1,500 a month. ”Fortunately, my comedy shows require me to fly places, mostly on weekends, and perform for no more than one hour, so I have a fair amount of free time during the week to pursue this second job, says Nainan.
More on Madame Noire!
- 15 TV Shows With The Best Theme Songs
- 15 White Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Raising Black Children
- How To Flirt At Work Without Being Unprofessional
- The Best And The Boldest Of The 2013 Billboard Music Award Fashion
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN