(Smart Money) — As markets went berserk in August volatility, a record number of investors turned to smartphones and tablets to review their holdings and to execute trades. The ranks of mobile traders are small, but at some brokerages they’re growing faster than the market for smartphones. At TD Ameritrade (AMTD: 14.05, -0.47,-3.24%), mobile usage of its app has more than doubled over the past year, due in part to a major boost in August. ShareBuilder, which introduced mobile investment banking this year, reports four to five million page views from mobile apps each month and that roughly 30,000 investor trades were executed in August, up 63% from July.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
- Bossip, Bossip.com, Moguldom Media Group
- 24Wired, 24Wired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- HipHopWired, HipHopWired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- StyleBlazer, StyleBlazer.com, Moguldom Media Group
- MommyNoire, MommyNoire.com, Moguldom Media Group
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural