(Daily Finance) — Who wants to be a millionaire? Whowouldn’twant to be? But for those on the lower end of the pay scale, striving to achieve a seven-figure net worth probably seems futile. But it can be done. With the U.S. minimum wage paying $7.25 an hour — that amounts to $14,500 over the course of a full-time 2,000 work-hour year — becoming a millionaire on a minimum-wage salary wouldn’t be easy to accomplish by any stretch of the imagination. Even in the cheapest parts of the country, housing, health, food, utilities, clothing, and transportation costs need to be covered before investing makes sense. And even with an aggressive investment plan, reaching a $1 million target will takemultiple decadesto accomplish for someone earning minimum wage.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
- 15 Of The Worst Magazine Cover Photoshop Jobs in History
- 15 TV Shows With The Best Theme Songs
- 15 White Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Raising Black Children
- How To Flirt At Work Without Being Unprofessional
- The Best And The Boldest Of The 2013 Billboard Music Award Fashion
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN