(Chicago News Cooperative) — Chicago Public Schools officials are in the midst of an ambitious campaign to marshal city agencies, retailers and faith-based community organizations in the pursuit of one cause: Getting students back to school. “It all starts on day one,” Jean-Claude Brizard, the district’s chief executive officer, stressed at a press conference announcing the two-week back-to-school blitz, which includes door-to-door outreach, phone banking, robo calls and a Groupon deal intended to equip needy CPS students with school supply kits. Yet a leading homeless advocacy group insists the initiative is missing a critical element: Free first-day rides.
More on Madame Noire!
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
- Yummy In My Tummy: Tasty Foods That Keep You Energized
- After The Love Is Gone: The Most Common Reasons People Fall Out Of Love
- Do Not Take My Picture!!!! Celebs Who’ve Fought Back (Hard) Against Paparazzi
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
- You Have 0 New Messages: Signs It's Time To Re-Vamp Your Online Dating Profile Now
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN