(New York Daily News) – Brooklyn City Councilman Charles Barron and his assemblywoman wife have pumped $350,000 in taxpayer money into a nonprofit run by a longtime political aide, records show. Charles and Inez Barron steered the money to Man Up! Inc., a group that helps inmates reenter society, and gave campaign funds to its affiliate, Hip Hop Stand Up and Vote. Both are run by Barron’s longtime friend and sometime campaign worker Andre Mitchell, records show. Mitchell was paid as a consultant and manager in Charles Barron’s 2005 and 2009 campaigns. Barron’s campaign headquarters shared an address with Hip Hop Stand Up and Vote, and a Man Up! board member and an employee worked on Barron’s campaigns.
More on Madame Noire!
- Gizmos, Gadgets, And Games That Kept Us Entertained Back In The Day
- Breathe, Stretch, Prioritize: How To Be More Productive At Work
- Plastic Surgery And Skin Bleaching: Celebrities Who Took It Too Far
- Communication Is A Two-Way Street: How To Become A Better Listener
- Thank God That's Over: 9 Moments No Woman Wants To Relive
- 15 Women Who Married Celebrity Men Who Started From The Bottom
- Surprise Pregnancies And The Insane Che Mack: 9 Ratch Things We Learned While Watching Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Last Night
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN