(newjerseynewsroom.com) — New Jersey native, Queen Latifah has her hands full these days with everything from Essence events to unveiling her new perfume. Now, she has teamed up with an AOL backed site, Blackvoices, to executive produce and star in a variety of original video web series that will be featured on several of AOL’s network sites, AOL reported. The Queen’s production company, Flavor Unit Entertainment, a Jersey City based entertainment agency, will produce the original web series, set as a web-based talk show covering topics such as sports, social issues, entertainment and entrepreneurialism which will be open to viewer input on future series. AOL’s Blackvoices.com, a leading website for African-Americans, will host the series in a specially created hub designed to enhance the site’s current video offerings that are increasingly popular with its audience. Queen Latifah, born Dana Elaine Owens in Newark, to a schoolteacher mom and police officer father, graduated from hip-hop beatboxing after being discovered by “Yo! MTV Raps” host, Fab 5 Freddy to mainstream America with her 1993 Fox sitcom hit, “Living Single.”
More on Madame Noire!
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
- You Have 0 New Messages: Signs It's Time To Re-Vamp Your Online Dating Profile Now
- Do It Now! 10 Steps To Fighting Procrastination
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Don't The Smart, Successful Men Date Black Women?
- Gizmos, Gadgets, And Games That Kept Us Entertained Back In The Day
- Breathe, Stretch, Prioritize: How To Be More Productive At Work
- Plastic Surgery And Skin Bleaching: Celebrities Who Took It Too Far
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN