(Wall Street Journal) — A 31% spike in murders of African-Americans in 2010 accounted for all of last year’s nearly 14% citywide increase in homicides, according to an analysis by the New York Police Department. Black people, who comprise 25% of the city’s population, accounted for 67% of the 536 murders in 2010, according to the report released Tuesday. Black men 15 to 29 years old were most likely to be killed. They make up less than 3% of the city’s population but last year represented 33% of all homicide victims, according to the report.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
- Bossip, Bossip.com, Moguldom Media Group
- 24Wired, 24Wired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- HipHopWired, HipHopWired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- StyleBlazer, StyleBlazer.com, Moguldom Media Group
- MommyNoire, MommyNoire.com, Moguldom Media Group
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural