(Afro) — WHUR 96.3 FM and Howard University will host a 12-hour radiothon from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 6, to help send hundreds of Howard University students to cities across the United States and possibly Haiti to provide critical services to those in need. The “Helping Hands” radiothon asks listeners to phone in, drop by the radio station or to go online to make a contribution so students can travel to Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta and here in the Washington to help families struggling with a variety of issues. Plans are under way to send a small cadre of students to help families in Haiti who are still reeling from last year’s devastating earthquake.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN