(Bankrate) — People on a blind date and longtime married couples alike are finding ways to date for less. In fact, having a frugal mindset could save money while helping you make a positive impression. “They’re not (avoiding) dating anymore because of money; they’re just doing some clever and some inventive things,” says Whitney Casey, author of “The Man Plan” and a contributor to online dating site Match.com. “It’s cool to be frugal in a recession.” Cheap and even free dates can be just as memorable, without taking a big chunk out of your paycheck or creating credit card debt. There’s no evidence of a correlation between how much money you spend on a date and the kind of memory that’s created, says Jeff Yeager, an author based in Maryland whose books include “The Cheapskate Next Door.” “Never hide or be shy about your attitude toward money, even when you’re first dating,” he says.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- #DontShoot Report
- 911 Is A Joke: White Cops Caught On Camera Beating Black Man And Yelling “Stop Trying To Take My Gun” After He Puts His Hands Up
- #ArrestDarrenWilson New Audio Allegedly Captures Moment Mike Brown Was Shot [LISTEN]
- Family, Mourners And Celebrities Gather For Mike Brown’s Funeral In Ferguson [VIDEO]
- #JusticeForMikeBrown: Missouri Governor Refuses To Replace Prosecutor Leading Shooting Investigation Despite Strong Ties To Ferguson PD
- Ferguson PD Finally Files Mike Brown Incident Report, Refuses To Release Darren Wilson’s Personal Account
- Autopsy Reveals Cops Lied About Handcuffed Suspect Committing Suicide
- New York Times Calls Michael Brown “No Angel” In Obit, Twitter Reacts [Photos]
- Alleged New Audio Of Michael Brown Shooting Released [LISTEN]
- Hillary Clinton Pretends Not To Hear Journalist’s Question About Mike Brown [VIDEO]
- Actor Orlando Jones Takes Ice Bucket Challenge With Bullets, Attracts Racist Hate [Photos]
- But Ferguson, What About Black On Black Crime?
- Report: Man Accidentally Records Audio Of Michael Brown Shooting During Video Chat
- For Harriet Scott And The Women Of Ferguson
- Michael Brown’s Father Ask For Protests To Cease During Funeral “Out Of Respect For Our Son”
- Darren Wilson Trained In Police Dept Wrought With Racial Tensions
- Remembering the Many Michael Browns: 5 Ways You Can Help End Injustice
- Look at Us: In Response to T.I.’s Open Letter on Ferguson
- Compton Gets Rifles: Do School Police Officers Really Need Military-grade Weapons?
- Trayvon’s Mother Leads The Way, Michael Brown’s Mom Keeps It Real
- Mother to Mother: Trayvon Martin’s Mother Writes Open Letter to Michael Brown Family
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural