(Bankrate) — People on a blind date and longtime married couples alike are finding ways to date for less. In fact, having a frugal mindset could save money while helping you make a positive impression. “They’re not (avoiding) dating anymore because of money; they’re just doing some clever and some inventive things,” says Whitney Casey, author of “The Man Plan” and a contributor to online dating site Match.com. “It’s cool to be frugal in a recession.” Cheap and even free dates can be just as memorable, without taking a big chunk out of your paycheck or creating credit card debt. There’s no evidence of a correlation between how much money you spend on a date and the kind of memory that’s created, says Jeff Yeager, an author based in Maryland whose books include “The Cheapskate Next Door.” “Never hide or be shy about your attitude toward money, even when you’re first dating,” he says.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- #DontShoot Report
- Racist Scumbags Create “Pop A N****r” Video Game Inspired By Mike Brown Murder
- #ArrestDarrenWilson Audio Of Mike Brown Shooting Authenticated [LISTEN]
- One Time Ain’t Isht!!! Chicago Police Commander Loses His Badge And Gun As He’s Charged For Putting His Piece In Suspect’s Mouth!
- Really??? Ferguson Police Allow Dogs To Pee On Flowers Left At Mike Brown Memorial Site By His Mother
- 911 Is A Joke: White Cops Caught On Camera Beating Black Man And Yelling “Stop Trying To Take My Gun” After He Puts His Hands Up
- Killer Mike On Michael Brown’s Death: “This Is A Constitutional Argument” [VIDEO]
- Ferguson Cops Let Dog Urinate On Mike Brown Memorial, Sources Say
- African-American Ex-Police Chief Named Missouri’s Director of Public Safety
- The Game Enlists An All-Star Cast For Mike Brown Tribute, “Don’t Shoot” [LISTEN]
- Autopsy Reveals Cops Lied About Handcuffed Suspect Committing Suicide
- Was Iyanla Vanzant Profiting Off Of Ferguson’s Pain?
- What White Folks Think About #JusticeForMikeBrown
- The Game, Diddy, Fabolous, Rick Ross, TGT And More Release Tribute Song For Mike Brown
- St. Louis County’s Racial Profiling Issue Is Bigger Than Mike Brown
- But Ferguson, What About Black On Black Crime?
- Michael Brown Tribute Drawing Sparks Outrage
- Remembering the Many Michael Browns: 5 Ways You Can Help End Injustice
- Look at Us: In Response to T.I.’s Open Letter on Ferguson
- Compton Gets Rifles: Do School Police Officers Really Need Military-grade Weapons?
- Trayvon’s Mother Leads The Way, Michael Brown’s Mom Keeps It Real
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural