(Kiplinger’s) — What your spouse or significant other spends (or doesn’t spend) on you this Valentine’s Day could determine the future of your relationship in ways you didn’t anticipate. A study by researchers at the University of Michigan, the University of Pennsylvania and Northwestern University found that when it comes to money, opposites do sometimes attract. In particular, spendthrifts tend to marry tightwads. It seems that spendthrifts don’t necessarily like their tendency to overspend, so they try to compensate for it when choosing a mate. Same thing with tightwads, who aren’t pleased with their penchant for pinching pennies. But instead of happy-ever-after endings, such odd-couple matchups just lead to fights about money. So if your beau buys you a bouquet of posies when what you really wanted was a diamond bauble, watch out. There could be trouble ahead.
More on Madame Noire!
- That'll Do: Movie Franchises We've Definitely Had Enough Of
- At A Loss For Words? Good Topics To Talk About On A First Date
- For The Fellas: Signs A Woman May Be Totally Crazy
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
- 15 Of The Worst Magazine Cover Photoshop Jobs in History
- 15 TV Shows With The Best Theme Songs
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN