(Black Enterprise) — Here it is 2011, and equality has yet to be fully achieved. Though women make up half of the workforce, they continue to earn far less than their male counterparts. Specifically, African American womenearned about 62 cents for every dollar white men made in 2009, according to a study by the Institute for Women’s Policy Research. And many would argue that part of the problem lies at the negotiating table. According to studies, women are less likely than men to negotiate for high salaries or raises. It’s time to level the playing field. BlackEnterprise.com talked with Keith Wyche, career coach, Cub Foods president and author of Good is Not Enough, about doing just that, taking a page from men’s negotiation books to get the compensation you deserve in the workplace.
More on Madame Noire!
- Top Ten List of Sexay Black Nerds, Who Can Get It
- Big Things Come In Small Packages:15 Celebrity Women 5'2" And Shorter
- 11 Tips To Have A Fun Girls Getaway And Still Come Back Friends
- Doing The Most And They Know It: Celebs Who Regret Showing Too Much Skin
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN