(Network Journal) — It is no secret the 40/40 Clubs, founded by rapper/entrepreneur Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Desiree Gonzalez and Juan Pérez has had the typical share of troubles for a restaurant chain, such as labor disputes and the closing of unsuccessful locales ( i.e. 40/40 Las Vegas), but the sports bar has weathered the storm. According to a study in 2009 done by an Ohio State University business professor, 59% of new restaurants closed within three years. Given this, the 40/40 chain has beat the odds. And overall, the chain, which first opened in New York in 2003 and is now in not only in Manhattan, but Atlantic City with plans to open during 2011 in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Tokyo and Macau, has been fairly successful. So much so that Jay-Z and his partners have announced they will expand and open locations in various airports across the country.
More on Madame Noire!
- For The Fellas: Signs A Woman May Be Totally Crazy
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
- 15 Of The Worst Magazine Cover Photoshop Jobs in History
- 15 TV Shows With The Best Theme Songs
- 15 White Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Raising Black Children
- How To Flirt At Work Without Being Unprofessional
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN