(Seattle Times) — WHEN YOU’RE not from here, it can take some work to understand what sort of place you’ve landed in. A job with The Seattle Times lured me to the Northwest after stops in Cape Town, South Africa, Boston and New York City, and I actually made some of the transition quickly. I started running, flirted with the idea of commuting by bicycle. And after receiving some admonitory stares, I even learned to politely stop until given the walk signal before crossing the street. But three months into my new Seattle life, one thing eluded me still: Where was Seattle’s community of young black professionals?
More on Madame Noire!
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
- Baseball Cuties You've Been Sleeping On
- Embrace Your Natural You -- Hair, Body, And Soul: 15 Ways To Fall In Love With Ourselves
- No One Is Immune: Famous Men And Women Who've Had Mastectomies
- It Might Not Be So Bad...How To Handle Being Set Up
- 'Oh Hell Naw!' Interesting Moments From Last Night's Episode Of LHHATL
- Bridal Rachetness: The Most Notorious Black Bridezillas
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN