(TheLoop21) — Nonprofit organization Kiva has made a name for itself by pairing microfinance and the Internet. Its website,Kiva.org, features entrepreneurs around the world in need of loans. The great thing about Kiva is that you aren’t required to lend a lot of money, which means anyone from the working class to the wealthy can contribute. One can lend as little as $25. And if that’s a lot for you to part with during this economic downturn, consider that over time the entrepreneur will repay the amount you financed. Once the loan has been paid in full, you can cash it in or recycle it to help another entrepreneur in need. Kiva also stands out by allowing donors to lend to entrepreneurs from their country of choice. So, if you’re a Ghanaian-American who wants to help out an entrepreneur in Ghana, you can do so with Kiva, which relies on field partners to help identify deserving businesspeople worldwide.
More on Madame Noire!
- For The Fellas: Signs A Woman May Be Totally Crazy
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
- 15 Of The Worst Magazine Cover Photoshop Jobs in History
- 15 TV Shows With The Best Theme Songs
- 15 White Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Raising Black Children
- How To Flirt At Work Without Being Unprofessional
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN