(The Root) — Ryan Bomberger was born of a rape nearly 30 years ago. He is alive today because his biological mother made a choice, he says, to put him up for adoption rather than have an abortion. He is grateful, though he realizes the choice was not easy. For one thing, the young white woman lived in a mostly white community in Pennsylvania, and her attacker was a black man. As a result of the incident, she became emblematic of the moral politics of reproductive rights in a battle that erupted after the passage of Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion 37 years ago, and rages on today.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
- Bossip, Bossip.com, Moguldom Media Group
- 24Wired, 24Wired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- HipHopWired, HipHopWired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- StyleBlazer, StyleBlazer.com, Moguldom Media Group
- MommyNoire, MommyNoire.com, Moguldom Media Group
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural