(The Root) — Ryan Bomberger was born of a rape nearly 30 years ago. He is alive today because his biological mother made a choice, he says, to put him up for adoption rather than have an abortion. He is grateful, though he realizes the choice was not easy. For one thing, the young white woman lived in a mostly white community in Pennsylvania, and her attacker was a black man. As a result of the incident, she became emblematic of the moral politics of reproductive rights in a battle that erupted after the passage of Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion 37 years ago, and rages on today.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
- Ferguson Grand Juror Suing Prosecutor Robert McCulloch; Says He Focused More On Michael Brown Than Darren Wilson When Presenting Case
- #RIPAntonioMartin: 18-Year-Old Black Teen Fatally Shot By Cop In Berkeley, MO
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
- Trending On Social
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural