(Eurweb.com) *Jay-Z has scrapped plans to build a luxury hotel in his native New York after the venture became mired in litigation, reports the New York Post. The rap mogul and his business partners have reportedly pulled out of the J Hotel project altogether and returned the site to its lenders for $52 million. Jay-Z’s group purchased the property in Dec. 2007 for $66 million, and obtained the multi-million dollar loan that was assigned to investment managers Highland Capital Management LP and serviced by NexBank SSB. But the deal went bad after partners failed to attract investors and there was a shortfall in funds – prompting Jay-Z to offer the land back to bosses at Highland rather than face foreclosure.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN